TeachThought presents this post by Paul Glader on Michael Trucano’s realistic approach to ed-tech integration. Trucano, senior ICT and education specialist at the World Bank, says his goal is to help countries avoid worst practices and failure. Among his excellent list of nine worst practices:
- Dump hardware in schools, hope for magic to happen.
- Think about educational only after rolling out hardware.
- Make a big get on unproven technology or vendors.
- Don’t consider the total cost of ownership.
- Don’t train your teachers or school leaders.