Writing in the EduTech World Bank blog, Michael Trucano tells you the things you need to know about computer use in schools, even if you don’t want to hear them. Here are some items included on the list, around which Trucano provides details:
- Computer labs are a bad idea.
- ICT Literacy classes are a bad idea.
- Test scores do no necessarily improve with technology.
- What students do outside the classroom with tech is more important than what they do inside it.
- Digital citizenship and child safety will become an important part of what schools teach.
- Most kids are not “digital natives.”
- Tech innovation always outpaces policy.
- Cheating may well increase.
- Mobile devices are coming on quickly.