The Software Industry & Information Association (SIIA) Vision K-20 survey tracks ed-tech implementation over time, indicating educators’ ideal goals. According to the 2012 report, current technology use in U.S. schools falls short as measured against seven educational goals and five technology measures.
- Meet the individual needs of all students.
- Support accountability and use data to inform instruction.
- Deepen learning and motivate students.
- Facilitate communication, connectivity, and collaboration.
- Manage the education enterprise effectively and economically.
- Enable students to learn from any place, at any time.
- Nurture creativity and self-expression.
- Widely use 21st-century tools for teaching and learning.
- Provide anytime/anywhere educational access.
- Offer differentiated learning options and resources.
- Employ technology-based assessment tools.
- Use technology to redesign and enable enterprise support.