Scotland’s Chief Statistician today published the results of the Scottish Survey of Literacy and Numeracy (SSLN). Key findings of the 2011 survey, which focused on numeracy, are as follows:
- About 76% of P4 pupils were performing well or very well in numeracy at first level.
- About 72% of P7 pupils were performing well or very well at second level.
- About 42% of S2 pupils were performing well or very well at third level.
- Boys tended to outperform girls at P4 and P7.
- S2 pupils living in areas with lower levels of deprivation were twice as likely to
perform well or very well as pupils living in areas with higher levels of deprivation.