Curtains complete your room with their color, texture, design, and hanging style. It takes your proper attention and focus to hang the curtains precisely to look good in the room. A lively pair of curtains can change the whole look of your room in a blink of an eye. You can choose different styles and window treatment to maximize the benefits of curtains in your room. With some great tips and planning for hanging curtains, you can really pull off a great home décor without using the help of a professional interior decorator. Here we have shared some tips on how to hang curtains in your rooms. Let’s have a look:
- Use the long Rod: One of the important things is that you keep the rod longer than the width of your windows to hang curtains. Don’t keep that narrow because if it is narrow it won’t cover the window all time while a long rod will keep the window fully covered. The long rod will cover both side panels and gave a look of a bigger window than its actual size.
- Use Enough Fabric: When you decide to hang curtains, make sure you use plenty of fabric. You don’t want the curtains to have a skimpy look so make them twice the size of your windows at least.
- Hang the Curtains High: In your room, it is better that you hang your curtains from a high point possibly between ceiling and window’s structure. If you hang them from a high point, your window and room will appear bigger than normal. Make sure you place curtains on the rod before hanging them.
- Use the Appropriate Length: It is important that you keep the appropriate length of curtains in your room. An inch or half inch short from the floor is appropriate most of the time. It does not have to be so long dragging dirty on the floor or short like cafes as it would damage the look of your room.
- Choose the Appropriate Fabric Texture: It is crucial that you choose an appropriate fabric texture for your room. A fabric texture should be according to your mood and function. For instance, people use a lighter color and textured fabric for casual moods and thick, denser, and dark are for formal and privacy. People hang both the lighter fabric and thick fabric curtains in their rooms these days to keep convenience for their moods. Thick velvet, net, organza, linen, silk and other fabrics can be used for hanging curtains.
- Choose the Matching Hardware: You need to get the rod, finials and its panels according to the color scheme of your room and curtains. These rods could be mounted with different styles and designs. Choose the one which matches your curtain style.
- Take Proper Measurement before you Hang Curtains: It takes a lot of time and energy to hang curtains so we suggest that you do all of your measurement before the action. Mark the spots where you need to tighten the screws.