The annual Australia Teacher Education Association (ATEA) conference gives those with an interest in teacher education to exchange ideas pertaining to research, practice, and innovations in the fields of teacher education and professional learning.
The 2012 conference aims to be an outward-looking conference, keen to engage the wider education community in teacher education policy debates, critically discussing partnerships and teacher education pathways and sharing different perspectives on the complex challenge of preparing teachers for a democratic society. The 2012 theme is Going for Gold!: Reshaping Teacher Education for the Future. The program explores the following topic areas:
- Past: Research – Exploring what’s worked and providing the evidence
- Present: Challenges – Standards, outcomes, and assessment
- Sustainable Practices – Professional learning and leadership
- Pathways and Partnerships – What lies ahead for educators?
- Technology – Working smarter to enhance learning