Around the world, educators are revolutionizing learning, despite economic setbacks. At the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD) conference, attendees can learn about these innovative programs and practices and join with colleagues in bringing to fruition a new era in education. Throughout the event, attendees may:
- Explore bold new directions in designing and sustaining dynamic learning environments.
- Discover proven ways to expand great expectations and opportunities for all learners.
- Hear about effective models for redesigning schools for 21st-century success.
- Learn how educators are empowering themselves to bring about a better future for all.
The Opening General Session showcases the Discovery Channel’s Reed Timmer on The Science of Extreme Storm Chasing. Special Sessions feature:
- Robert Slavin, co-director and founder of the Center for Research on the Education
of Students Placed at Risk at Johns Hopkins University, and chariman of the Success
for All Foundation, Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.
- Heidi Hayes Jacobs, ASCD author and education consultant, Rye, New York, U.S.
- Pedro Noguera, professor of education, New York University, U.S.