If you are in search of a recipe to cook marijuana butter, then you are on the right website. Here we will share a step by step procedure that is easy to adopt for everyone. By using this recipe, you will be able to use any stems, small leaves and trimmings. You will require an ounce of butter, colander, cheesecloth, container, two stock pots and sea salt for making marijuana butter at home.
Equipment and Ingredients Needed
- Acrylic weed grinder
- Nutbag or cheesecloth
- Large stock pot
- Marijuana 1 ounce (leaves, stems, trim, buds, etc)
- Sea salt ¼ tsp
- Water 8 cups
- Real butter 1 lb (salted / unsalted)
Steps to Follow
- Add water in the stock pot. Put it on the stock and then start boiling the water.
- Take marijuana and grind it a bit. In this way, you can get rid of small leaves, clippings, and pesky stems. Make sure not to convert it into powdered form. Keep it in a chunky form so that it can be held in cheesecloth.
- Now add marijuana in the stock pot and then boil for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the simmer and, then put butter in stock pot. Now cover the pot so that its steam may not lose. Stir frequently and keep cooking for 1 hour. Heating will help in binding oil from butter and boil from marijuana.
- Decrease the heat of stove and keep bubbling on low flame.
- Now remove stock pot from stove and allow it to cool.
- Take a cheese cloth and put it on the large colander. Now place it on another big stock pot. Pour the prepared mixture over the colander.
- Add boiling water (2 cups) on the leftovers in colander to wash any remaining butter via cheesecloth.
- Turn cheesecloth for getting out any residual oil/water from marijuana leftovers.
- Add ¼ tsp of sea salt if you want to boost the taste of butter. Stir a little bit after adding salt.
- Cover the pot of butter and water and put it in the fridge. Allow it to cool overnight. The butter and water will separate from each other as a result of cooling. It is the cannabutter that got separated on the top. The bottom part of butter will be soft if you fail to cool it properly. Therefore, the cooling process must be sufficient.
- Remove the cannabutter and turn it into small blocks with the help of plastic wrap. Alternatively, you can also keep the cannabutter in a small bowl.
NOTE: Marijuana butter can be used for approximately 10 days if wrapped properly.
Nutrition Facts of Marijuana Butter
You will be glad to know that marijuana butter is enriched with several nutrients and vitamins. Calcium, vitamin A and iron are present in marijuana butter. Moreover, it is free from carbohydrates, sugar, and dietary fiber. 2351g of marijuana butter contains 3252g of calories. Now there is no need to buy marijuana butter from the marketplace as you can easily cook it at your home.