What is GETideas.org?
GETideas.org is a global online community designed to help education system leaders with ideas, resources, and peer-to-peer dialogue on innovations and solutions to transform education. The site is a public-service program of Cisco Corporate Affairs in support of dialogue and collaboration for education leaders worldwide.
Can anyone join?
Yes, GETideas.org is an open online community for education leaders around the world. When you join as a member, you can contribute to the community and reach out to your peers and colleagues on the site.
How do I get started?
Join the GETideas.org community by setting up your profile–share your background info so other members can get to know you; identify your areas of interest so you’ll see the latest information on those topics every time you log in; personalize your profile with your photo!
What can I do on GETideas.org? What are the member benefits?
GETideas.org delivers the latest news and resources on education innovation and transformation, including headlines, events listings, videos, reports, case studies, related links, and noteworthy books from around the world.
Any visitor may view and read the content on GETideas.org.
Members receive the added benefit of full community participation; that is, members can:
- Find and reach out to peers — Connect with education-leader colleagues who share similar interests and aspirations.
- Share education-related content — Upload or link to your own (or your favorite) videos, reports, case studies, etc. in our Resource Library.
- Engage in online events and featured content — Contribute your thoughts to the monthly Virtual Roundtables, comment on a Featured Thought Leader blog, etc.
- Start or continue the conversation — Start or participate in any public discussions going on at GETideas.org.
- Launch or join an affinity group — Create or join an affinity group to focus dialogue and foster community around topics of interest.
What kind of information does GETideas.org have for me?
You’ll find interesting conversations on key topics of the day in the Discussions section.
The Resource Library is a comprehensive compendium of the latest in education-innovation material, including videos, reports, case studies, and related links.
In addition to all of the above, GETideas.org also offers featured program content, delivering perspectives from education luminaries, visionaries, and active leaders in transformation.
- Virtual Roundtables — a monthly online discussion forum led by experts on a key current education topic
- Featured Thought Leader blog — a forum in which education leaders from around the world contribute perspectives and visions on directions in education
- Conversations on Global Education — a video complement to the Featured Thought Leader series, presenting conversations with education leaders who offer global and local perspectives
- GETinsight — a blog and multimedia series on practical strategies in education innovation, bringing perspectives for primary, secondary, and higher-education innovations
How can I keep up with content and events at GETideas.org?
- Subscribe to our RSS feeds to receive regular updates on new site content, including news and resources. Unfamiliar with RSS? Watch this!
- Connect with us on Twitter — @getideas — for the latest on content and events.
- Join us on Facebook and LinkedIn.
How can I get connected with other educations leaders on GETideas.org?
- Explore the member directory to discover peers with similar interests or who are innovating in areas that you’d like to know more about.
- Create a colleague connection with members with whom you’d like to keep in touch. By becoming colleagues here on GETideas.org, you’ll be linked to their activities and interests.
- Start or join a discussion to explore topics of interest.
- Create or join an affinity group around a topic or project area of interest, and invite colleagues to join you in the group. You can create a public group, open to any member of GETideas.org, or a private group, if you’d like to discuss and do work with a specific cohort of colleagues.
- Message other members to communicate privately–introduce yourself, get connected.
What if I forget my password? How can I reset it?
- Click Log in on the home page.
- At the bottom of the log-in screen, click “Forgot password?”
- Type in your username or e-mail address, and click [Get New Password].
- You will immediately receive a message to check your e-mail for instructions.
- Follow the instructions in that e-mail.
How can I contact GETideas.org if I have a question?
Here and throughout the site, just click on Ask a Question to reach us via e-mail.
Who sponsors GETideas.org?
GETideas.org is sponsored by Cisco as a public service to the education community.
Who makes up the GETideas.org community?
GETideas.org is a community of leaders in education from more than 100 countries around the world. The community is made up of aspiring leaders who are motivated to innovate and transform education for the 21st century–to share and to learn together.
Not sure you’re ready to join?
Sign up for our bimonthly E-Newsletter to keep informed on the latest information.